Friday, January 18, 2008

vegetarian in the midwest


Welcome! I've created this blog with the goal of creating a resource for other vegetarians living in the Cleveland area. I've been a vegetarian for about 15 years. I was raised in Chagrin Falls a full meat-eater. I am from a Polish family, after all. I tried in high school to cut meat from my diet but was unsuccessful until I left home to attend college. New Orleans wasn't really any more vegetarian-friendly than my hometown had been, but I was in college, and I was able to exist on a steady diet of cereal. I really came into my own as a vegetarian (and general lover of food) after college, when I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area. I believe one of the first things I fell in love with there was the sheer volume of delicious food options on offer at Bay Area restaurants. Glory be! I had come home. Well, 10 years later, I have sprouted up again in the Cleveland area. I was nervous but also excited to explore the Cleveland food scene as an adult and a vegetarian. I have been pleasantly surprised by a number of things--and disappointed by a few things as well. I plan to share that information here. Here's to conscientious dining! Mangi bene.

No comments: